Applications are accepted at any time!
Please read this page carefully before applying. If you have further questions about the application process, please refer to the FAQ page.
Do you want to be a part of our IMPRS-RECHARGE?
- Opportunity to perform research in a collaborative, international community
- Access to state-of-the-art instrumentation and infrastructure
- Mentoring and guidance by thesis advisory committees
- A three-year contract for doctoral/PhD candidates, salary is in accordance with the funding guidelines on the Collective Agreement for German Public Service (TVöD)
- Only applications submitted through the online application portal will be considered
- Please read the instructions and questions given in the online application portal carefully before submitting the application
- You will be asked to name two referees in the application. Inform them about your application and ask them to follow the instructions at the link that will be send to them
- You will be informed when your referees uploaded the reference on your behalf. Note that your application is not complete without these two letters of recommendation!
- All documents (certificates etc.) must be submitted in English or German
- No application fee is charged
What do you need to apply?
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, physics or related areas
- Strong interest in performing interdisciplinary projects and a deep commitment to fundamental research
- Strong independent and creative work ethic
- Eagerness to learn new techniques
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Frequently asked questions
You can find some answers of the most asked questions in our list.
If you have have a question that is not listed below, don't hesitate to contact us.