Catalytic Reduction of Carbon Dioxide with Manganese Complexes
- Screening of catalysts and reaction conditions for the hydrogenation of CO2 via formate esters to methanol
- Analysis of reaction pathway by mechanistic experiments (e.g. isotope labelling) and DFT modelling of the energy profile
- Calculation of hydricity as a design tool for new complexes with an improved activity
- Synthesis of new ligands and manganese complexes
- Comparison of calculated and experimental properties (e.g. kinetics vs. energy span)
Kuß, D.A.; Hölscher, M.; Leitner, W., Hydrogenation of CO2 to methanol with Mn-PNP-Pincer complexes in the presence of Lewis acids: the formate resting state unleashed. ChemCatChem. https://doi.org/10.1002/cctc.202100649, in press.