How to apply
The IMPRS-RECHARGE invites and welcomes applications for a position as a PhD/doctoral fellow. All students accepted to the 3-years-PhD/doctoral program will receive a salary and will join one of our research groups. All fellows will have to sign up or be signed up as doctoral candidates in one of the participating universities and will receive their degrees from these.
A successful candidate must
- hold or be about to receive a Master's degree in a relevant subject from a research-oriented institution of higher education
- have outstanding academic performance (rank at or near top of class)
- have performed research
- have excellent oral and written English language skills
- show aptitude for independent, creative work
- Only applications submitted through the online application portal will be considered
- You will be asked to name two referees in the application. Inform them about your application and ask them to follow the instructions at the link that will be send to them
- You will be informed when your referees uploaded the reference on your behalf. Note that your application is not complete without these two letters of recommendation!
- All documents (certificates etc.) must be submitted in English or German
- No application fee is charged
If you have further questions about the application process, please refer to the FAQ or send a mail to imprs(at)cec.mpg.de